- Bookings are only accepted via the Studio’s online Booking Form, including accepting the terms & conditions. Bookings made in any other way will only be held on a provisional basis.
- The studio hire fee is to be received as cleared funds upon confirmation, unless agreed otherwise.
- The Studio hours are from 8am to 6pm. Any use outside those hours is charged as overtime as per the ratecard.
- The Studio accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage occasioned to the Hirer’s property or that used by the Hirer during the hire period. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to keep the Studio secure during the hire period.
- The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage occasioned to the Studio’s equipment or property during the hire period and must obtain appropriate Insurance Cover to include personal injury, loss or liability to Third Parties.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to leave the Studio clear and in the same condition as at the outset of the hire. Any loss or costs incurred by the Studio as a result of the Hirer’s failure to do so will be charged to the Hirer. Until the studio is cleared and returned to its original condition, it is deemed as on hire and the hirer will be charged for this time.
- Whilst the Studio will take all reasonable steps to ensure continuity of network and utility services, including telephone/broadband, electricity etc, it accepts no responsibility for any failure whatsoever which is outside its control.
- Any request for the painting of studios must be made and agreed by the Studio prior to the hire period. Studios are not freshly painted before each hire. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure the studio is the appropriate colour for their requirements.
- Any marks, spillages or damage caused to the studio during the hire period must be attended to before the end of the hire period, failing which the Studio reserves the right to charge for the cost of repair/remedial work including if necessary, a full repaint.
- Rubbish must be removed by the end of the hire. Anything left in the studio without specific arrangement with the studio will be categorized as rubbish and the hirer will be charged for its disposal.
Terms of Payment:
- All prices quoted by Malcolm Ryan Studios are exclusive of VAT.
- The studios terms of payment are immediate settlement or by negotiation 28 days from date of invoice. Late payment will nullify any discount agreed.
Communal Areas, Production Offices, Make-up & Wardrobe Rooms:
- Production offices, make-up rooms, green rooms and other sequential areas are to be used respectfully and left clean and tidy after use. The Hirer will be liable and charged for the costs of cleaning, replacing or repairing any damage resulting from misuse, damage or neglect.
Hire of Studio and Plant Equipment:
- All lighting equipment is to be ordered through Malcolm Ryan Studios. The Hirer is responsible for the proper use and care of equipment throughout the hire period. Any loss or damage to the hired equipment is the Hirer’s responsibility and where appropriate, will be charged at replacement cost.
- It is a condition of the hire that the Hirer will only permit competent and authorised Personnel to use the hired equipment Plant and any specialist equipment must be organised and booked through the Studio directly and used by a suitably qualified competent and where relevant, Licensed Personnel at the Studio. Evidence of competence/License must be produced to the Studio Manager upon request.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check with the Studio to ensure that any particular equipment is available for the hire period and the Studio accepts no responsibility for equipment not available unless specifically reserved for the Hirer’s use during the hire period.
- Hired Studio lighting and other equipment must be returned by the Hirer in a similar condition to that at the time of hire, ie cables re wrapped, lights taken off stands, lighting kits re-boxed as supplied, and so on. The Studio reserves bthe right to charge for labour and time if items are not re-packed at the end of the hire period.
- Items and equipment left in the Studio without specific agreement with the Studio may be disposed of and at the Studio’s discretion a charge may be made for the disposal.
- All catering must be ordered through the Studio unless otherwise agreed prior to the hire period. All catering requirements and numbers must be submitted by 4pm on the day before catering is required.
- Meal times must be agreed with the Studio by 4pm on the day before the catering is required. Failure to adhere to the specified meal time on the day of the booking, by 45 minutes or more will incur caterer’s overtime, charged at £60 per 30 minutes.
- Due to health and safety legalities, food cannot be kept hot for longer than 2.5 hours. If a booking cannot eat within this 2.5 hour window which begins at 12.30pm, the hirer may have to forfeit their lunch at full cost
- The Studio has a limited number of parking spaces and cannot guarantee the availability of spaces for any specific time or day.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that adequate parking/ transport arrangements are made in respect of any Personnel involved during the hire period.
- Any parking at the Studio is at the user’s own risk and the Studio accepts no responsibility for theft, damage or any other loss occasioned to vehicles parked on its premises.
Termination and Cancellation:
- The Studio reserves the right to terminate any booking should it deem it necessary.
- Once a confirmed booking has been made the Hirer is responsible for the full hiring cost and any ancillary costs incurred by the Studio on behalf of the Hirer.
- The Studio reserves the right to charge for additional items as set out the “Additional Costs & Consumables” document received by the hirer upon completing the online Booking Form.